Sunday, May 8, 2011

Hot Weather= Sprinkler Play and A Back Yard Visitor

Caleb cheesin' for the camera. He loves taking pictures.
 We barely have begun the month of May and we have been already hitting 90 degree weather. Due to this I thought it was a great time to try out the new sprinkler the kids got for their birthday. I got the kids in their swim suits, put sunscreen on them, set up the sprinkler, and turned it on. Caleb ran away from it crying and Asher just stayed on the outskirts of the sprinkler. Ish. I left it on and they both warmed up to the sprinkler a bit. Still neither of them played in it full force. Asher kept driving his vehicles up to the sprinkler and Caleb kept splashing in the puddles. Ah well we have all summer to get use to the new water toy. 
Asher would "drive" up to the sprinkler but would not walk up to the sprinkler.
Caleb near a puddle he would splash in---still cheesin' for the camera.

Jake choose to avoid the sprinklers as well. He had much more fun observing in the shade.
As it was time to clean up and go inside I heard a rustling in the leaves. At first I thought it was my imagination. Then I heard it again. Plop! Out jumped a frog (or a toad not sure the difference). Being the true boys that they are they both were very excitied over our backyard visitor. I had to tell them that the frog is for looking and not for touching. When it was time to go inside Caleb cried because we had to leave our new friend. Later that night Asher went outside to check on our friend but he had hopped off to make other visits.  
Our backyard visitor.
What a fun day it was! Hopefully the boys will get use to the sprinkler. I was telling Adam that the neighbors will have to watch out because pretty soon a big fat pregnant lady will be running through those sprinklers even if her kids don't!!!!! 


Love and blessings to you all,


Heather

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! :) Oklahoma almost always hits 90's in May - I think last year we hit 100 in May. I miss it! :D It looks like you're going to have a really fun summer!

    ReplyDelete