Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to ^Jacob-David^ and Asher

It is hard to believe that five years ago today I was in a hospital bed worried sick about my babies. At this time right now (4:49pm) I hadn't even seen them except for a few seconds when they were swept out of my belly and quickly hooked onto vents. Now look--Asher is happy and healthy. God is amazing and a great miracle maker.
I am planning on either tonight or tomorrow posting pictures of the birthday boy with details of the day. Right now I am going to tribute this post to my Jacob-David Paul Misner who only spent 7 weeks with us on earth. 

Happy Birthday to my beautiful baby. We miss you and love you. Today Asher and I talked about you (as we have before). I reminded him that God thought he would like a playmate in my belly and he gave him you. Asher giggled with excitement and said, "Yeah, we hugged and kissed and wrestled in your belly." I told him that I bet you  both did--it sure felt like it. Asher and I sang Happy Birthday for you this morning and tonight we will light your memorial candle. Though you are in  heaven you are also in our hearts. I hope you have a blessed birthday my precious miracle. I love you with all my heart.
Our Jacob-David


A Birthday In Heaven

I heard you crying yesterday
And felt your heart-sent love
So I’m sending you this message
Now, from Heaven up above.

You’re wondering if I’ll celebrate
My birthday (way up here)
I know you’re missing me today
I feel your essence near.

God planned a special day for me
He told me with a wink
He’d ordered me a special cake
(It’s Angel food, I think)

I’m getting lots of hugs from God
He’s really good at that
And every time that I walk by
He gives my head a pat


Balloons will fill the streets for me
They float up through the clouds
And we have lots of clowns up here
That make us laugh out loud

There is a birthday carousel
Jeweled horses ride the wind
With music playing oh so sweet…
The magic never ends

I’ve made so many friends, you see
We laugh and play and sing
We ride our bikes and play jump rope
And sleep in Angel’s wings
We’ll have our cake and ice cream
And open gifts, surprise!
But we don’t blow out our candles here
Instead, they light the skies

© Kris Smith http://www.mcadangel.com/  

A Caringbridge Follower posted this wonderful poem on the Caringbridge page. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Jacob and Asher! You are an amazing Mother Heather and Adam an amazing Father!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your boys! You are an amazing strong woman and eventhough I am sure it's still tough I think its awesome you are willing to share your story! Even if it was only 7 weeks on this earth your son had an awesome mommy for 7 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to ^Jacob^! I'm sure you realize how much you're loved; up in heaven and also down here on Earth. By your family-especially your brother Asher, and by your huge Caringbridge family. I'm glad time isn't the same in Heaven so it probably just seems a moment or a day until you'll have your family together again and you can meet your brother and soon to be sister. Party it up for your birthday ^Jacob^!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asher...I hope you had a fabulous birthday! I hope you enjoyed it and did lots of fun things. I look forward to hearing about what you did. I can't believe you're 5 now! Talk about a chunkey monkey!!! Big boy now!

    ReplyDelete