Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crochet Patterns

As many of you know I am a beginning crocheter. It is becoming a fun hobby that I really enjoy. I am currently working on two baby projects. Because I am OVERLY excited about them I thought I would share the patterns with you, even though I have not completed the projects.

I have been working on a crochet blanket for Bethany. It is pastel rainbow colored alternated with purple. So far it is turning out wonderfully. It called for cotton yarn but I used Caron Simply Soft. I can't wait to lay Bethany on the soft blanket. Here is the link to the pattern--it is a perfect pattern for beginning crocheters or for an advanced crocheter who wants a mindless project: http://onelittlerayndrop.blogspot.com/2011/04/classic-baby-blanket.html

Another pattern I am working on is a cute little lovey bunny blanket. This pattern, though not complicated, included some new techniques I needed help learning. So, I started this project tonight at my crochet group. I am hoping to finish most of it by next week so I can bring it back to group and finish the details next class. I have a lot of friends who are having babies. If this turns out well I am hoping to be able to make a few of these for my friend's babies. Again I used a different type of yarn with two strands together. Instead I used Lion Brand Baby's First yarn and only one strand. I think the yarn will make it very soft and cuddly. 
Here is the link: http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/81030AD.html?noImages= (you may need a free account to access the full pattern).

Picture from lionbrand.com








                                   














After I finish the projects I will for sure be posting pictures. 
Thanks for indulging in my excitement. I think my need to crochet baby items is due to nesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment