Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bricktown Fun and Trip Time!

If you follow me on Facebook you know that today Asher, Caleb, and I leave for Chicago to see my sister for the Fourth of July. Adam is getting "left behind" to keep his nose to the grindstone and to conserve leave before Bethany comes. To be honest, I am not sure he minds. I think he likes a little bit of solitude now and again. Who can blame him?
Last night, as a final family outing before our trip, we went to pizza in Bricktown and walked the canal. It was VERY fun. I looooove Bricktown but never get down there enough. I realized that walking the canal would be a perfect activity, in the cooler summer mornings, for the kids. They loved walking along the water and watching all the ducks. We all had a very nice evening.


Now Asher is very excitied for his trip. The first things he wanted to do this morning was pack toys for the trip. Apparently he thought we were leaving first thing this morning. I wish we were but Caleb has an important Dr. appointment that we need to go to before we can leave. When he found out we weren't going to leave until this afternoon he got very upset. He is doing better now--but just a little disappointed. I am looking forward to our trip. The vacation will be nice.
I hope you all are well.
Love and blessings,
Heather

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have safe travels and a great time with your sister! :D

    Love the pics, btw! :) You have a beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope yall have fun in chicago. The pictures are great

    ReplyDelete