Sunday, August 7, 2011

LIFE--An Update

This last week has been pretty good. We have been trying to stay cool. We mainly stay home or venture out to McDonald's to play in the play-land. But on really hot days just going from the car too inside is to much for Asher. Asher is more sensitive to the heat due to his Sensory Processing Disorder.
In the evenings Asher had VBS at our church. Asher did very well this week at VBS. Which is a relief. We went to two other VBS' this summer and Asher struggled with both of them. I think the fact that he did so well this week is a testimony to how comfortable he feels at church and how amazing the people are there. On the way to church last week Asher said, "I love my Nazarene Church." He can't remember the Church's full name (Midwest City Community Church of the Nazarene) so he just calls it his Nazarene Church.
I feel so blessed to have found a church home that everyone in my family likes. Caleb squeals with excitement and says, "church" every time I tell him we are going to church. Adam enjoys the Pastor's sermons immensely and feels challenged them every Sunday. The ladies at my church have welcomed me with open arms. I can't imagine that was easy since the majority of them have known each other most of their life. The church is throwing me a shower next Sunday and I have to admit that I was taken aback (in a good way) when they offered to give me a shower. I felt like they were accepting me as one of them. All of this pales in comparison to how much I feel the church honestly tries to do the will of God. I feel that they truly want to grow in God to serve Him. Okay-I got off on a tangent but the title of the post is "Life" and this fits with the title. :)
I am now 35 weeks pregnant. We are preparing for Bethany's arrival and CAN NOT wait to meet her. My aunt and uncle are coming down around the estimated c-section date. We still have a lot of preparation--but we are slowly but surely getting ready.
Caleb is doing very well. His favorite phrases are, "I do it" and "I am mad." This is indicative of his two year old personality. He finished the summer term of Mother's Day Out. He starts the Fall term the week of August 22nd. He really enjoyed school and I think he will enjoy going back.
Adam is doing well. There is a small chance he will have to leave town for work again before the baby comes. We will find out in the next day or so if this is really going to happen. I am not worried because I know between Church, PWOC (my Bible study), and my friends that if I were to go into labor I would be covered--granted I would prefer my husband to be here. But I am giving it all to God and I know it will all work out.
Well I have stuff I need to get done before I go to bed. Will try to post again soon with some pictures and such.
Love to you all,
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment